Part 1. Pre-event
The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date (meeting, via skype) in order to finalise the actual shooting times and locations.
The pre-wedding shoot takes place within a ten mile radius of Cardiff.
The details of the wedding arrangements are to be agreed beforehand in writing (email is acceptable). The Client shall notify the Photographer of any changes to these details (venue, times, or contact details) as soon as possible in writing.
1. A non-refundable booking fee will confirm the booking, as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on the photographer's website.
2. Full payment of the remaining balance is required 30 days before the wedding date.
3. Extra albums, prints and services – orders with 3rd party suppliers will not be placed until payment is received in full.
1. All standard wedding packages and additional goods specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Goods not specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order.
2. International travel and distant weddings will incur additional costs at the customers expense.
Clients must be available to be contacted before their event to finalize any plans or change any important information regarding their event.
For cancelling/making a significant change to booking which Photographer cannot accommodate, Client will be charged as follows:
- 29 days notice or less – full balance due minus any travel surcharges
- 31 days or more - loss of deposit only
The photographer will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding etc.
Part 2. Event
The time duration starts when the photographer arrives and finishes when the photographer leaves.
License, Coverage and Reproduction
1. Clients are responsible for any and all permits, licenses, approvals and any associated fees needed for Happywed.co.uk to photograph and perform photography services.
2. Happywed.co.uk intends to capture all anticipated images of the important moments in your day but makes no guarantee to capture any specific image or scene.
3. For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer's choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
4. Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
Additional photography services
1. On the day of the wedding, Clients may decide that they want additional photo coverage that was not included in their original contract. If the photographer’s schedule permits, s/he will do so but for the first hour Client will be charged an overtime rate. If Clients request more than 1 hour of overtime, they will be charged the coverage price that is closest to the total amount of hours incurred on their day. This request can be made verbally to photographer during the day of their wedding.
2. Similarly, when delays occur due to circumstances out with her control, the photographer will stay on beyond the agreed time if required, for an additional fee.
If contracted for 6 hours or more THE CLIENT shall provide a meal for Happywed.co.uk
Part 3. After Event
Happywed.co.uk own the images produced in conjunction with this contract, including all copyrights in such images and is allowed by Client to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums, social media, etc.
1. Once post production has been completed, Happywed.co.uk will release the high resolution JPEG files to the client on a USB key. The client shall be solely responsible for keeping this USB key safe and duplicate USB keys will incur additional charges.
2. The couple will receive the best images from the wedding, selected by the photographer and edited to a professional standard, the couple will not receive RAW files or negatives.
All images will be adjusted for exposure, brightness, contrast, sharpness, colour correction, etc. The Photographer's judgement regarding these corrections shall be deemed correct.
Receipt of Goods
1. All wedding orders will take approximately four to eight weeks to complete.
2. Due to the nature of the product The Photographer(s) are unable to give exchanges or refunds. This does not affect Client’s statutory rights.
1. With the purchase of a standard layout album, Client will be provided with a proof as part of this service agreement. The sole purpose of the proof is to verify that all of selected images were included in the album.
2. Completion of the album will take approximately 2-3 months from start to finish and is dependent on Client’s active participation.
3. All Albums must be signed off by the client prior to production. Once approved the signed off design will be reflected in the final product. Happywed.co.uk is unable to accept responsibility for any errors or omissions once approval has been given.
Wedding slide-show music
Copyright clearance for any audio submitted to Happywed.co.uk is the responsibility of the client.
Limitation of Liability
In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
Any contract made between The Photographer(s) and The Client(s) shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with United Kingdom Law.