Part 1. Pre-event
The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date (meeting, via skype) in order to finalise the actual shooting times and locations.
The details of the wedding arrangements are to be agreed beforehand in writing (email is acceptable). The Client shall notify the filmmaker of any changes to these details (venue, times, or contact details) as soon as possible in writing.
Placing an Order and Receipt of Goods
1. All wedding orders will take approximately eight weeks to complete. The Client(s) will be informed by either telephone or in writing once the order is ready and available for collection.
2. Due to the nature of the product The filmmaker(s) are unable to give exchanges or refunds. This does not affect your statutory rights.
1. All standard wedding packages and additional goods specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Goods not specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order.
2. International travel and distant weddings will incur additional costs at the customers expense.
1. A non-refundable booking fee will confirm the booking, as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on the filmmaker's website.
2. Full payment of the remaining balance is required 30 days before the wedding date.
For cancelling/making a significant change to booking which we cannot accommodate, you will be charged as follows:
- 29 days notice or less – full balance due minus any travel surcharges
- 31 or more - loss of deposit only
Clients must be available to be contacted before your event to finalize any plans or change any important information regarding their event.
Part 2. Event
The time duration starts when the filmmaker arrives and finishes when the filmmaker leaves.
License, Coverage and Reproduction
1. Client’s purchase of Happywed.co.uk video services may include two video pieces: Wedding video film and a Short wedding movie.
2. The Short wedding movie is a short piece (3-7 minutes) that is a professionally edited montage of the footage of Client’s day. The Wedding video film (20-60 minutes) is a minimally edited documentary piece.
3. The length of the video depends on the length of Client’s wedding, and the professional discretion of the editor.
4. Happywed.co.uk use their professional expertise and discretion to ensure that significant parts of the day are recorded. Unfortunately, Happywed.co.uk cannot guarantee that they will be able to record every aspect of the day as filming takes place 'live'.
5. Clients are responsible for any and all permits, licenses, approvals and any associated fees needed for Happywed.co.uk to perform videography services, if applicable, at any location.
6. For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the filmmaker's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the filmmaker is able to cover the ceremony may not be the filmmaker's choice and the filmmaker cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
7. Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the filmmaker will not be responsible for footages that are not produced due to technical failure.
Additional videography services
1.On the day of their wedding, Clients may decide that they want additional video coverage that was not included in their original contract. If the filmmaker’s schedule permits, he will do so but for the first hour Clients will be charged an overtime rate. If Clients request more than 1 hour of overtime, they will be charged the coverage price that is closest to the total amount of hours incurred on their day. This request can be made verbally to their filmmaker during the day of their wedding.
2. Similarly, when delays occur due to circumstances out with his control, the filmmaker will stay on beyond the agreed time if required, for an additional fee.
If contracted for 6 hours or more THE CLIENT shall provide a meal for Happywed.co.uk
1. The filmmaker will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another filmmaker in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding etc.
2. If a technical error occurs during filming of Client’s event: for example, if their ceremony is not recorded a full refund will be issued to them. If other parts of their day are missed, a partial refund to the value of that section of video will be refunded.
Part 3. After event
Copyright & Display
Happywed.co.uk own the video footages produced in conjunction with this contract, including all copyrights in such videos and reserves the right to display parts of Client's video on his website and other media formats.
1. All editing and post production will be carried out to the videographer’s discretion and using the videographer’s style. The videographer will retouch, digitally manipulate and finish the videos according to his/her own discretion.
2. Upon taking possession of the finished product, the client must inform (in writing) Happywed.co.uk of any technical or other problems with the video within 7 days. After 7 days, if no notification has been received, the client will be deemed to be satisfied with the product.
Terms of delivery
1. Videos are filmed using HD technology and provided as HD files on USB Drive.
2. Clients’ finished video will be available online (as a private link) for them to review and approve within 8 weeks of the service date but this can be longer during peak times.
3.Once Clients have received their email link to their video, they have 7-days to approve the video. Should any changes be requested, they must email filmmaker the details. If filmmaker does not hear from Clients within 7-days, he will despatch the video “as is”.
Copyright Music Recording Licence
1. The MCPS Music licence that Clients will receive entitles Happywed.co.uk to film their event and record hymns or any music played at their wedding ceremony, by their band, DJ or otherwise.
2. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain all relevant licenses/consents, currently priced at around £15, for filming and the use of any music or other copyright before filming can proceed. Please visit http://www.prsformusic.com and choose MCPS & PPL licence for under 25 minutes.
Limitation of Liability
In the unlikely event of a total filmmaking failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
Any contract made between The filmmaker(s) and The Client(s) shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with United Kingdom Law.